Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Yarra Valley Bonsai Society
  News:
Visit our website at  www.yarravalleybonsai.org.au or click on the logo on the right
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Books/References for Bonsai? (Read 20 times)
Cameron
Club Member

I Love Bonsai!

Books/References for Bonsai?
06. Aug 2018 at 06:16

Greetings all, new member here. I was wondering if anyone can recommend good reference books on Bonsai  for a beginner?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions  Smiley
P.S. sorry, I should have said I picked Peter Warren's book up (attached file) but was wondering if there were other references that warranted consideration!

Peter_Warren_bonsai.jpg
  IP Logged
lindsay
Committee Member
Club Member
Intermediate Student

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Books/References for Bonsai?
Reply #1 - 08. Aug 2018 at 14:50

Welcome to the Fprum Cameron.  I would suggest that you check out the books in the Club library as a starting point, which would give you a good idea for those which you might want to add to your personal library.
Some suggestions from my own library:
101 Essential Tips Bonsai - by Harry Tomlinson
Bonsai Pocket Encyclopedia - by Harry Tomlinson
Practical Bonsai - by Colin Lewis
The Art of Bonsai - by Peter Adams

and of course, the all-round reference book - Bonsai, Its Art, Science, History and Philosophy - by Deborah R. Koreshoff.  Out of print and almost impossible to find, but snap up a copy if you see one.  Check out the on-line second-hand stores maybe.

IP Logged
Cameron
Club Member

I Love Bonsai!

Re: Books/References for Bonsai?
Reply #2 - 08. Aug 2018 at 15:39

lindsay wrote on 08. Aug 2018 at 14:50:
Welcome to the Fprum Cameron.  I would suggest that you check out the books in the Club library as a starting point, which would give you a good idea for those which you might want to add to your personal library.
Some suggestions from my own library:
101 Essential Tips Bonsai - by Harry Tomlinson
Bonsai Pocket Encyclopedia - by Harry Tomlinson
Practical Bonsai - by Colin Lewis
The Art of Bonsai - by Peter Adams

and of course, the all-round reference book - Bonsai, Its Art, Science, History and Philosophy - by Deborah R. Koreshoff.  Out of print and almost impossible to find, but snap up a copy if you see one.  Check out the on-line second-hand stores maybe.

Thanks so much Lindsay. I shall certainly have a look at the YVBS library, but I took your advice to heart and went & found a copy of "Bonsai, Its Art, Science, History and Philosophy" on my favourite 'hard to find books' site; abebooks and have ordered it.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print